Tourlane creates unique adventures and authentic travel experience to the most fabulous destinations in the world (universe?🚀).
We combine the first-hand human experience of a travel agency with the simplicity of an online product. We offer trips such as a camping safari in the Serengeti, a diving trip in Galapagos or a hiking trip through Patagonia.
Our vision is to become THE household brand for multi-day tours and to create the best experience in travel for our customers. We are backed by top tier investors, including Sequoia (US), Spark Capital (US), DN Capital (UK) and Holtzbrinck Ventures (Germany) as well as the founders of AirBnb, Trivago, and GetYourGuide.
If you love sharing your travel experiences and have the power to also foster the desire to travel in others through your passion, join our team as a Travel Sales Specialist to create and sell tailor-made multi-day tours to our customers!
Your role and responsibilities:
- You partner with our customers to make their travel dreams come true, using our propietary technology & tools
- You are responsible for the entire sales process from initial interview, travel planning, budgeting, quotation preparation up to the conclusion of the contract; our technical tools support you extensively in the planning and booking process.
- You create trips for a variety of budgets, travel types (ranging from fully individual to small groups) and build up long-term customer relationship
We can promise you:
- Above market salary (adequate base salary plus success-based bonus), 401k & health benefits
- Incentive trips: you can regularly travel to the most exciting destinations around the globe which will allow you to get to know the local cultures and also our partners on a personal level; this way, you can double your annual vacation time by hitting your targets!
- True international exposure - we have four offices across Germany and the US, 35 nationalities among our people - and this is just the beginning ...
- Regular coaching and on-the-job training with external coaches and experienced mentors
- A modern office in the heart of Downtown Manhattan with the usuals - free coffee, breakfast, office yoga, regular company events, and team outings ...
- An open, transparent and caring company culture, a highly motivated team and many opportunities for personal and professional development
This makes you a great candidate
- You have had first experience in sales, ideally B2C phone sales
- You are a hustler, you love being on the phone with customers, building relationships
- You have a college degree or equivalent in the field of tourism/hospitality, business, or a related field
- You were born a salesperson, always friendly and professional in appearance as well as enthusiastic and convincing in any means of communication
- You know how to work in a structured, organized manner in order to achieve your goals and are open and receptive to constructive criticism & feedback
- You have traveled to either Southern / Eastern Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Latin America, Asia, or Europe and are always curious to learn about new travel destinations
- You demonstrate strong (native) written and verbal skills in the English language and are proficient with the common programs of the MS Office Suite and ideally Salesforce.com
** Tourlane is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.