Tourlane creates unique adventures and authentic travel experiences to the most breath-taking destinations in the world. We seamlessly connect people with our travel experts to create personalized trips and deliver meaningful memories in every step of the journey. We offer trips such as camping safaris in the Serengeti, diving in the Galapagos, or hiking trips through Patagonia.
Our vision is to become the leading tech company for multi day tours and to create the best experience in travel for our customers. We are backed by top tier investors, including Sequoia (US), Spark Capital (US), DN Capital (UK) and Holtzbrinck Ventures (Germany) as well as the founders of AirBnb, Trivago and GetYourGuide.
Tourlane - travel made human, unique, smart & sustainable.
- Are 30 developers with different backgrounds and skills, striving to digitalize an old school industry by using latest technology to make the lives of our customers, employees and DMC-partners (destination management companies) easier
- Want to grow to 50 within the next months
- Screw up. Oh yes we do, every week. Every week in a different way. Still, we get closer and closer to our goals.
- Are very agile and have a feature team approach
- Deploy multiple times a day
- Work, usually from scratch, on multiple projects like:
- Trip planning tool/Travel Itinerary automation
- Budget calculator
- Booking system/DMC integration
- Automation of marketing campaigns
- with this stack:
- Ruby, Golang, Node.js
- Tools: Terraform, AWS, AWS ECS, CircleCi, ElasticSearch, DynamoDB, AWS lambda, Postgres, Metabase
- Have a university degree or even a PhD? Are a drop-out? This is not a criterion for our recruiting process
- Have x years of experience, we focus more on skills
- Need a VISA? We will help you with that
- Are proficient in... the more technologies the merrier. Can you use all technologies and tools of our tech stack (see above)? Perfect. Can you use some of them? Perfect too, how fast can you learn the others?
- Are all the usual buzzwords: hands-on, a thinker, a maker, a believer, think out-of-the-box, able to go the extra-mile, ... None of them? Surprise us, we love diversity
- Usual perks of a startup/tech company: free drinks, müsli, fruits, team events, ...
- Yearly educational budget and the opportunity to attend at tech conferences
- The chance to work with excellent co-workers with background in companies such as Airbnb, Wooga, Booking.com, Trivago, Soundcloud and many more
- A diverse team of over 35 nationalities not discriminating about sexuality, gender, religion, ethnicity, disability and anything we may have missed
- Very open and transparent company culture with a fast and agile development cycle
More reasons to join our journey:
- Our startup is making money from day one
- Founders who understand the importance of tech and developer needs
- Nothing is set in stone yet, your input will have a huge impact
- The opportunity to shape the future of adventure and individual trips