Tourlane creates unique adventures and authentic travel experiences to the most breath-taking destinations in the world. We seamlessly connect people with our travel experts to create personalized trips and deliver meaningful memories in every step of the journey. We offer trips such as camping safaris in the Serengeti, diving in the Galapagos, or hiking trips through Patagonia.
Our vision is to become the leading tech company for multi day tours and to create the best experience in travel for our customers. We are backed by top tier investors, including Sequoia (US), Spark Capital (US), DN Capital (UK) and Holtzbrinck Ventures (Germany) as well as the founders of AirBnb, Trivago and GetYourGuide.
Tourlane - travel made human, unique, smart & sustainable.
We are looking for a Data Engineer – Business Intelligence (f/m/x) to join our Data & Analytics team.
In this role, you will build the data / BI platform that empowers Tourlane to make data-driven decisions. You will have a direct impact on initiatives that help create unique adventures and authentic travel experiences around the world. Within this role you will be working with the latest technologies such as dbt, Snowflake, Fivetran and Looker, and will have a key position in creating and maintaining a scalable architecture.
- Design, Implement and Maintain a Data Platform for Internal and External Customers
- Improve and Extend our existing Data ELT processes
- Closely collaborate and support data analysts, data scientists and other consumers of Tourlane data
- Design and develop new tools to empower data-driven decisions
- Translate functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture
- Fundamentals of Software Engineering
- Advanced SQL in any dialect and experience working with relational databases
- Advanced Python knowledge
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS)
- Proficiency in building and scaling data pipelines
- Knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles
- Familiar with modern data modeling concepts and large scale data warehousing architecture
- Familiarity with MLOps is a plus
- Usual perks of a startup/tech company: free drinks, müsli, fruits, team events, ...
- Yearly educational budget and the opportunity to attend at tech conferences
- The chance to work with excellent co-workers with background in companies such as Airbnb, Wooga, Booking.com, Trivago, Soundcloud and many more
- A diverse team of over 35 nationalities not discriminating about sexuality, gender, religion, ethnicity, disability and anything we may have missed
- Very open and transparent company culture with a fast and agile development cycle
- Working from home during the crisis as well as an open office in the heart of Berlin that is prepared along to all covid-19 restriction to work safely
- A brand new office in Q1/2021 close to Moritzplatz
More reasons to join our journey:
- Our startup is making money from day one
- Founders who understand the importance of tech and developer needs
- Nothing is set in stone yet, your input will have a huge impact
- The opportunity to shape the future of adventure and individual trips