Tourlane creates unique adventures and authentic travel experience to the most fabulous destinations in the world (universe?🚀).
We combine the first-hand human experience of a travel agency with the simplicity of an online product. We offer trips such as a camping safari in the Serengeti, a diving trip in Galapagos or a hiking trip through Patagonia.
Our vision is to become THE household brand for multi-day tours and to create the best experience in travel for our customers. We are backed by top tier investors, including Sequoia (US), Spark Capital (US), DN Capital (UK) and Holtzbrinck Ventures (Germany) as well as the founders of AirBnb, Trivago, and GetYourGuide.
For our US senior management team, we are looking for a Head of Customer Care (f/m/x) - a considerate leader who to builds impeccable processes and teams, senstiive to customers' needs and able to build warm, caring customer relationships.
Your role & responsibilites:
- You launch and steer the Tourlane US customer care function, including qualification, after sales operations and customer service
- You are quick to analyze, strategize - but are also a “do-er” at heart, love the hands-on, direct interaction with customers and people
- You help set and report against monthly and quarterly performance targets, communicate key insights and obstacles to the teams and the broader company
- You thrive to increase quality, effectiveness and efficiency within Customer Care as well as collaboration and communication between functions and teams
- You support recruiting, planning as well as coaching and development of our people in partnership with HR and leadership
- You create and maintain a strong performance culture of accountability and ownership - based on psychological safety, empathy, and care
- You measure your work and our customer care against the best in the world - think American Express Concierge, Zappos, Amazon, Transferwise (to name a few) - and you constantly seek to push the envelope
- 4-5+ years experience in customer care / customer-facing operation teams in high growth /high-performance environments, of which 2+ years of top-performing people management & coaching experience
- A mix of raw intelligence, human-touch sensitivity, and a tried&tested toolbox of frameworks, protocols & processes you apply to help your people and the organization grow
- Bulletproof problem-solving skills, clear structure, and self-organization
- A palpable sense of urgency and drive to spark passion & energy in others
- Visible passion for customer advocacy across departments and helping others reach their highest potential
- Ability to comfortably give and receive constructive criticism & feedback
- Continuously impeccable collaboration, in a team an environment Exceptional proficiency in written and spoken communication, at all levels of seniority - paired with being a caring & sensible person
We can promise you:
- An open, transparent and caring company culture, a highly motivated team and many opportunities for personal and professional development
- True international exposure - we have four offices across Germany and the US, 35 nationalities among our people - and this is just the beginning…
- Above-market package incl. 401k, stock options in our global company and health insurance benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Regular coaching and on-the-job training sessions with external coaches and experienced mentors
- A modern office environment - including the usuals: free coffee, breakfast, office yoga, regular company events, and team outings, ...