Tourlane creates unique adventures and authentic travel experiences to the most breath-taking destinations in the world. We seamlessly connect people with our travel experts to create personalized trips and deliver meaningful memories in every step of the journey. We offer trips such as camping safaris in the Serengeti, diving in the Galapagos, or hiking trips through Patagonia.
Our vision is to become the leading tech company for multi day tours and to create the best experience in travel for our customers. We are backed by top tier investors, including Sequoia (US), Spark Capital (US), DN Capital (UK) and Holtzbrinck Ventures (Germany) as well as the founders of AirBnb, Trivago and GetYourGuide.
Tourlane - travel made human, unique, smart & sustainable.
Would you like to empower the Engineering teams that maintain and grow Tourlane's inventory of hotels, accommodations, transportation, and activities? How about providing travel data that creates unique adventures and authentic travel experiences around the world?
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead the Supply Engineering team, we are two teams with a total of eight Software Engineers and plans to grow. We mostly work with Ruby and Go, you don't need to have experience with these languages. We expect you to focus on the architecture, delivery, and career development of the team.
- Care about the humans in your team. Making sure they understand how their day-to-day work ties to Tourlane's goals and helping them develop in their careers.
- Own the technical roadmap for supply. You leverage the knowledge of your team and partner with Product, Design, Analytics, and Stakeholders to make sure we are solving the right problems in the right way.
- Focus on delivery. Understand how MVPs work and that work that does not deliver value to the business is work that is not done. Communicate the timeline, scope, and risks leading the delivery of major initiatives on clear timelines.
- Remove blockers and make sure your team is working efficiently and delivering high-quality work.
- Will not write code on most weeks. You'll participate in some code reviews and most architectural decisions.
- Communicate expectations clearly to everyone in your team and deliver feedback fast. No one in your team should be surprised about the results of their performance reviews.
- Usual perks of a startup/tech company: free drinks, müsli, fruits, team events, ...
- Yearly educational budget and the opportunity to attend at tech conferences
- The chance to work with excellent co-workers with background in companies such as Airbnb, Wooga, Booking.com, Trivago, Soundcloud and many more
- A diverse team of over 35 nationalities not discriminating about sexuality, gender, religion, ethnicity, disability and anything we may have missed
- Very open and transparent company culture with a fast and agile development cycle
More reasons to join our journey:
- Our startup is making money from day one
- Founders who understand the importance of tech and developer needs
- Nothing is set in stone yet, your input will have a huge impact
- The opportunity to shape the future of adventure and individual trips