Tourlane creates unique adventures and authentic travel experiences to the most breath-taking destinations in the world. We seamlessly connect people with our travel experts to create personalized trips and deliver meaningful memories in every step of the journey. We offer trips such as camping safaris in the Serengeti, diving in the Galapagos, or hiking trips through Patagonia.
Our vision is to become the leading tech company for multi day tours and to create the best experience in travel for our customers. We are backed by top tier investors, including Sequoia (US), Spark Capital (US), DN Capital (UK) and Holtzbrinck Ventures (Germany) as well as the founders of AirBnb, Trivago and GetYourGuide.
As our Junior Communication Manager (f/m/x) you will:
- Work with the team at HQ to develop, manage and execute a multimedia PR strategy that drives awareness to Tourlane in Europe, and globally, including strategy, goals, budget, and tactics
- Develop and cultivate media relationships within travel, lifestyle, business and industry media
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results on a daily base
- Build relationships with thought leaders to grow industry awareness
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting the company and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them
- Create content, including press releases, articles, statements and social media posts
- Actively seek opportunities for us to communicate our brand
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to translate our products into compelling stories
- Plan and organize press events that increase awareness of our company
We can promise you:
- Usual perks of a startup: free drinks, müsli, fruits, team events, office dogs and much more
- Very open and transparent company culture with a fast and agile development cycle
- A highly motivated team and many opportunities for personal and professional development
- Competitive salary package
This makes you a great candidate:
- Strong communication skills in both English and German - additional languages is a plus
- Excellent writing style, a very good feel for language, and a predilection for writing texts
- At least 2 to 4 years of experience in PR
- An active network of editors, journalists, influencers and the confidence to build relationships with journalists - proactively pitching stories across online, TV, radio and print.
- Hands-on mentality, a strong work ethic and attention to detail. The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and stay calm under pressure
- Confident and open behavior as well as the ability to work in a team
Sounds interesting? We are looking forward to meeting you.