Tourlane creates unique adventures and authentic travel experience to the most fabulous destinations in the world (universe?🚀). We combine the first-hand human experience of a travel agency with the simplicity of an online product. We offer trips such as a camping safari in the Serengeti, a diving trip in Galapagos or a hiking trip through Patagonia.
Our vision is to become the leading tech company for multi day tours and to create the best experience in travel for our customers. We are backed by top tier investors, including Sequoia (US), Spark Capital (US), DN Capital (UK) and Holtzbrinck Ventures (Germany) as well as the founders of AirBnb, Trivago and GetYourGuide.
Tourlane - travel made human, unique, smart & sustainable.
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our growing Data team. In this role, you’ll build the infrastructure that empowers Tourlane to make data-driven decisions. You’ll have a direct impact in on initiatives that help create unique adventures and authentic travel experiences around the world. Within this role you will mentor engineers in technical growth, design, implement, and grow new and existing projects to expand Tourlane’s Data Platform.
- Design, Implement and Maintain a Data Platform for Internal and External Customers
- Improve and Extend our existing Data ELT processes
- Closely collaborate and support data analysts, data scientists and other consumers of Tourlane data
- Design and develop new tools to empower data-driven decisions
- Translate functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture
- Fundamentals of Software Engineering
- Advanced SQL in any dialect and experience working with relational databases.
- Advanced Python knowledge
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS)
- Proficiency in building and scaling data pipelines
- Knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles
- Familiar with modern data modeling concepts and large scale data warehousing architecture
Nice to have:
- Experience with dbt
- Experience with Snowflake
- Knowledge of message queuing and stream processing
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers for best practices on data engineering
- Usual perks of a startup/tech company: free drinks, müsli, fruits, team events, ...
- Yearly educational budget and the opportunity to attend at tech conferences
- The chance to work with excellent co-workers with background in companies such as Airbnb, Wooga, GoEuro and many more
- Very open and transparent company culture with a fast and agile development cycle
More reasons to join our journey:
- Our startup is making money from day one
- Founders who understand the importance of tech and developer needs
- Nothing is set in stone yet, your input will have a huge impact
- The opportunity to shape the future of adventure and individual trips
Sounds interesting? Apply now, we are excited to get to know you!